Compounds & Chemistry
Successful Finishing Processes Start with Engineered Compound
Mass Finishing processes have several pieces to a complete puzzle. First there is some sort of machine that move a mixture of “media” then there is the part load that you want finished. Add in some water, and then you are off and running! But wait, you forgot actually the most important component to the mix…the Compound.
Compound is the ingredient to having a successful process. Compound will clean, brighten, and protect your parts from corrosion. Compound keeps the media clean, and thus enables the media to do its job. Compound a very important component to a successful process and yet is one of the lowest cost pieces to a process, and is almost always neglected.
How Compound is the key to successful operation
- Compound controls the ph of the process.
- Compound compensates for water hardness
- Compound cleans oil, scale and oxidation for the parts surface.
- Compound conditions the media surface to either be clean and sharp or smooth and glazed for fine finishing. Compound allows the media to do what it is designed to do.
- Compound produces lubrication in the finishing process.
- Compound produces a cooling of the media mass for surface quality.
- Compound provides short term corrosion protection.
Below is a list of compounds used for several applications
Many of our customers have unique requirements and we custom blend chemistry to fit their applications.
Compound Applications & Recommendations
More information, email, ect.